Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Are you all in??

This is a question I heard this week about the Christian life. Chip Ingram was speaking and he was comparing life to a game of poker. The game just goes along fairly uneventful until someone looks at their cards and then puts them down and says "I am all in" and pushes ALL of their chips into the game. That is when the game takes an exciting turn. Everything is at stake...all the chips are on the line. At that point it is either win or go home. 

That is the way with life. In order for us to experience all that God has for us in the Christian life we need to be ALL in. 


This week I have been thinking a lot about what that means. What does it look like to have a life that is ALL in? I don't want to hold anything back from God. I want to get to the end of the journey and know that I gave it all, I held nothing back. It was worth every moment to live to His extreme. I don't want to get to the end and realize I missed it somehow...

ALL IN...all my time - how would God have me spend my time? 
         There are many, many good things to fill our time and we all have responsibilities and obligations, but we must find the BEST things, the GOD things, to fill our time. 
...all my energy and attention - how do I need to focus my attention? What things of God need my energy? 
           I only have so much energy and attention to give to the things in my life. I do not want the Lord and his plans to receive my leftover time and attention. 
...all my resources, talents and gifts.
           Everything I have is His. All that I own, every ability, any gift that I might possess, EVERYTHING comes from Him and Him alone. How can I hold anything back? 
And finally...ALL MY WORSHIP...There is a pause in my spirit as I type those words...do I understand the seriousness, the weight of those words...my worship, all my worship. I can't begin to understand why the God of all the universe wants my worship, but He does...and He most certainly deserves it. My prayer is that my worship is true and pleasing to Him. 


All In...will you join me all In? I can not tell you what the journey will hold for you or for me, but I can tell you that it will be worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment