Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus day

Today is Monday, Columbus Day and we are out of school today. So, I have been enjoying a very quiet day at home. The kids are a little restless, but i enjoy still being in my PJ's. I have been working on a mound of laundry that has been piling up. Truth be told...I am not a very good housekeeper. I am typically a little messy myself and I am not good at keep a clean house. This is one of things that I do not like about myself. It really comes down to a lack of discipline.

Discipline

There's the word of the day! Discipline, really the word of my life. So many situations in my life come down to discipline...
The house being clean
Managing our fiances
Having a quiet time
Working out and eating healthy
All of those things require more discipline than I seem to have. This is going to be my prayer over the next few months. I really want to live a more disciplined life. I think this will help on my quest for abundant life.

The truth is, i feel like God has given me a dream and a desire and a talent to speak to group's of women and encourage them. So, many women I know are struggling with life...they are asking themselves the question - "is this all there is? " If Jesus promised that he has come to give us abundant life...then where is it?

I really want to pursue this and I am not sure even how to start, but I have put it out there and told God that I am willing to start.

So, this is the first day of this new journey. I am going to work out this afternoon even though I don't feel like. Because that is a big hurdle...I want to feel better and look better before taking the stage in front of any women. So I feel like my weight is a hindrance, but i am determined to be loose weight and feel better. It is going to be hard, but I really want to follow my dream...

Lord - please give me the discipline to live better. if my body is a temple for you, then I want to treat it as a place of worship. I have a story to tell and I feel like women can benefit from my story...but only if you open the doors. I know that this is something that only you can do. I want to be involved in a God sized opportunity. Please give me the strength to work out and to eat better and give it my all. Give me the words to say and to write and open those doors for opportunities to share my story. I love you Lord and I know that you can do this if it is your plan and your desire. Help me just to keep walking on the path and just to do the next thing. I love you and I am excited about this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment