Saturday, October 17, 2009

about being a Christian

Do you ever get asked if you are a Christian? I was asked that this week and I said yes, but in mind I wanted to say much more. I wanted to say something like yes, I am really a Christian. I don’t mean super Christian, but I wanted this person to know that I am not just a casual Christian. I somehow wanted to identify myself as someone who truly loved Jesus and was trying to raise my family in way that was pleasing to Him. I wanted her to understand that we were trying not to “play” at this Christian stuff. WE didn’t so it all right, but we were trying. We wanted our lives to be different. WE made an effort to pour out our lives in worship. I wanted her to know that this was not something I did on Sundays or Holidays, but this was my life. I am so tired of these casual Sunday only “Christians” that are giving us a bad name. I don’t want to say look at me, I want to say look at Him. I want to be so different, so radical that people automatically see Him. So yes…I am a Christian…but it is my life…not just my hobby. I am not perfect, my family is not perfect, and we are just trying to walk by faith.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pam, great blog! I have been blogging for several years now, and it has totally helped me keep the waters fresh and stay creative. I quit writing on the first blog (http://curbyandgina.blogspot.com) when we moved from Virginia. Now I have a new one (http://www.curbyalexander.net/family) and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Anyway, keep up the writing and don't lose steam. Take care, and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete